Group Financial Highlights
- Earnings per share are calculated by reference to the weighted average number of shares in issue during the year.
- In the calculation of return on shareholders' equity, the weighted average basis has been used.
- Dividend cover for 2010 is 2.5 times if the special dividend is included.
- In the calculation of interest cover, fair value gain/(loss) on investment properties/impairment is excluded. Interest includes net interest expense taken to the
profit and loss account and interest capitalised under investment properties and properties held for sale.
- In the calculation of the net debt-equity ratio, net debt includes borrowings net of cash and equity includes non-controlling interests in subsidiary companies.
- Wages and salaries include amounts capitalised under properties held for sale.
In the calculation of pre-tax profit per employee, the share of results of associated companies and fair value gain/(loss) on investment properties/impairment
- n.m. - not meaningful